If you no longer want to use the McAfee Security software products and want to uninstall them completely from your device then you must read this article till the end. Sometimes even your windows defender program can perform really well and In that case, you can uninstall the security software programs. If you are also looking for “How to delete Mcafee” then you are at the right place. We have explained below, how you can use the Mcafee Removal Tool to uninstall the McAfee software from your device.
How To Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool?
While uninstalling the Mcafee Tool from your device, there are some instances where you might get an error. Hence, the Mcafee removal tool is the best way to uninstall the software completely from your device. It is one of the quick and easiest ways. You can have a look at the list of Mcafee removal tool for all the products of McAfee. You can download the removal tool based on the product you want to remove.
- McAfee AntiSpyware Removal Tool
- McAfee Total Protection Removal Tool
- McAfee Internet Security Removal Tool
- McAfee Virus Scan Removal Tool
- McAfee Antivirus Removal Tool
- McAfee Personal Firewall removal Tool
You can choose the removal tool from the list mentioned above and then learn how to use these tools. before downloading the removal tool make sure it is compatible with your operating system and the McAfee product is installed in your device.
List Of Supported Operating Systems fro McAfee Removal Tool
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows 2000
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
So after checking for the operating system, you can now download the McAfee Consumer product removal tool to remove McAfee from your device. In Case, you have Windows 98 or ME installed in your device then you might need to Uninstall McAfee from your device as the McAfee Removal Tool Doesn’t support these operating systems.
Following is the list of the McAfee Products for which you can use the McAfee Product Removal Tool.
- McAfee Data Backup
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee Personal Computer Protection Plus
- McAfee SiteAdvisor
- McAfee AntiSpyware
- McAfee VirusScan
- McAfee Anti-Spam
- McAfee SecurityCenter
- McAfee SpamKiller
- McAfee Privacy Service
- McAfee QuickClean
- McAfee VirusScan Plus
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee Personal Firewall
If from the list of the products mentioned above, If you have any of the program installed in your device and you need to remove it then you can use the McAfee Product Removal Tool. You don’t need to follow the manual process.
Follow the Steps to Download McAfee Removal Tool
In order to download the McAfee Removal Tool in your device, you need to simply follow these steps:
- Close all the running processes in your device and open the browser window.
- Now go to the official website to download the McAfee Product Removal Tool.
- now click on the “Download” button and then wait until the software starts downloading.
- After this save the download file on your device and then wait until it completes.
Once the file is downloaded successfully in your device then go to the folder where the file has been stored and then double-click on the installation file to install the McAfee Removal Tool on your computer. After successfully installing it, learn how to use the tool to remove McAfee products from your device.
Follow these Steps to Use McAfee Removal Tool
Once, you have successfully downloaded and installed the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool in your device. Now you can follow these steps to uninstall McAfee From Mac, Linus, Android, or Windows operating systems.
Steps to Remove McAfee From Mac
- Before using the McAfee Removal Tool, Make sure to close the Safari or Google Chrom Browser to disable the McAfee Plug-in from your device.
- Now go to the desktop screen and then click on the application folder to open the McAfee Removal Tool you have installed in your device.
- double-click on the tool to open it and then enter your administrator credentials and then click on the “Ok” button.
- Now, wait until the McAfee removal Tool completes its process and remove the McAfee products from your device.
- Click on the finish button to complete the process.
So this way you can use the McAfee Removal Tool to uninstall McAfee product from Mac.
Steps to Remove McAfee Products on Linux
- Go to the application folder from your screen and then look for the “Ubuntu Software Center”.
- Now click on the Search Bar and then enter the “McAfee Enterprise Removal tool” and then hit the enter key to locate the tool to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security.
- Now select the McAfee product installed on your device and then right-click on it.
- now choose the remove option from the list and then enter the login credentials to authenticate when asked.
- after entering your login username and password, click on the “Authenticate” button and then wait until the removal process completes.
After the process will complete, the installed McAfee product on your device will be removed successfully.
Steps To Uninstall McAfee On Android
- Go to the settings of your device and then open the “Location and security”.
- Click on the Mobile Securities option and then disable the “McAfee Mobile Security” service.
- close the settings and go back to the menu and click on applications.
- Now open the McAfee Mobile Security removal tool and go to the menu option.
- Now click on the remove or uninstall button.
Now wait for the process to completes and McAfee Mobile Security will be removed successfully.
So this way you can use the McAfee Removal Tool to uninstall the McAfee Security Software products from your Mac, Windows, or Linux Device. You can download the required McAfee Removal tool on your device and it will automatically remove the software from your device.
However, If you are getting fraud McAfee Pop-ups and you can to get rid of those then you can use the Adwcleaner or Hitmanpro to remove McAfee Pop-ups.
In case, You have any queries related to this article then you can contact us at McAfee Customer Service.